Ballantyne Community And Neighborhood Information
The Ballantyne area of Charlotte, North Carolina is located in south of Charlotte off of the I-485 loop near the South Carolina border. This location provides the convenience of being close to many destinations and providing ease of access to I-85 and I-77. However this community provides so many amenities there isn't much of a need to leave.
The history of this community dates back to the 1980s when the Harris and Bissell families began purchasing property around farmland previously owned by the Harris family. The families began developing the master plan for the soon to be 2000 acre community. H.C. Bissell, Chairman of The Bissell Companies, said "All I had in my mind was, 'This is a blank canvas- don't screw it up!". In 1988 the plan was endorsed by a task force put together by the Urban Land Institute. By 1996 the construction on the first home and office buildings of Ballantyne began.
Today the Ballantyne community consists of :
- Ballantyne Corporate Park: a mixed use development
- Ballantyne Village: featuring restaurants, spas, theatre, and retail shops
- Schools and childcare facilities
- Many neighborhoods including Ballantyne Country Club
Ballantyne Country Club
11120 Ballantyne Crossing Ave
Charlotte, NC 28277
Ballantyne Country Club's sought-after, south Charlotte location has led many families to this popular community. Membership is offered to the entire Charlotte area; residency within the community is not a requirement for membership in the private, member owned club. The relaxed feel of the club provides a warm atmosphere for all members of the Ballantyne Country Club family.
Some of the many of Ballantyne Country Club's benefits and features are:
- Beautiful 45,000 square foot Main Clubhouse
- Multiple Dining and Meeting Spaces
- Designated Family Activities Center with Teen Center
- Calendar Filled with Events for Members of All Ages Throughout the Year
- Fitness Center - 24/7 Access for Members
- Five Swimming Pools
- Men�s and Ladies Locker Rooms and Lounges
- Rees Jones Designed 18 Hole Golf Course
- Nine Tennis Courts - Seven Lighted